Pages

Monday, November 5, 2012

Smaller World Thanks to The Internet

Dottie on the left. circ 1948
We lost my dear Mom today, she was 95+, living in a nursing home in Calgary. We visited each year, and most recently in August.

She died peacefully in her sleep this morning.

The traveling lifestyle puts people almost anywhere on earth these days, and when things like this happen you're away from loved ones, and there is that feeling of loneliness and regret that you are not closer.

This photo is my family in the 40s, my Mom is on the left, her Mom on the right. Dad is pretending to not have time for a photo. How clearly I remember the thousands of miles we traveled together.

In future photos on this blog, I'll give you some idea what this looked like in those days, homemade trailers and all. I'm in AZ at the moment, this will have to wait.

Mom (and Dad), I miss you. I thank you for the traveling bug.

Thanks to the Internet (Facebook in particular), I've heard today from friends and family everywhere.

I've been maintaining a blog relative to my Mom, it has also helped keep us all connected with family and friends. One thing for sure, we're not alone, although thousands of miles may sometimes separate us.