Pages

Friday, October 26, 2012

Goodbye Arkansas, Hello Oklahoma

It didn't take long for the rain to clear, the sun is out, it's cooler but we have clear skies and smooth highways (most of the time). Certainly nothing wrong with America's Interstate highway system - thank you America for sharing.

Oklahoma Reception Center I-40
Last fuel fill up was in Ozark, AR. Price $3.28 gallon. Came with clean restrooms at the Velero I-40 Travel Center, which just happened to have an old-time group of Ozark pickers entertaining in the the truck stop restaurant. This was a first for me. It's just 10 am, nothing like a little Blue Grass to set the mood for the day.

Incidentally, Deliverance was not shot in the Ozarks, it was filmed in Georgia. Just the same, I think I saw descendants (or, possibly kin) of country folk from that movie back at the last truck stop. We were very polite just in case. A lot of folks in these parts do wear camouflage for whatever reason.

Oklahoma I-40 Reception Center wins the prize for best in America.